Van
a couple of links to some tutorials and resources to make clothes that you should not miss if you read English. If not, is likely to make a mini-tutorials myself a Christian, which is all very useful (at least the image above, but do not promise anything, lol).
The first is a post where you explain how to make a "fake bake" in your clothes . So cold to sound dirty, right? It's actually quite simple and more innocent. Baking is to add shadows to something, clothing or textures, using a 3d program. You pick your model, you put your textures, you light up and the program will create another texture to the effect that illumination and applied (probably better explanations and more detailed, but I think more or less that's the idea, go, I am no expert). The effect, when done right, gives a difference of day and night, but the problem is that a) you need a program that can do b) you need to learn and use. If you have time, desire and know English, the girl PixelDolls (one that best applies the effect) teaches you how to do it in LightWave .
But if you have no time or desire, this method of "fake baking" is essential, because you get something like one with photoshop. It's very, very well explained and following it can get different effects of light on your Second Life templates with spectacular results: a couple of days ago got to do a tank top spitting that I like in SL, I have of Last Call (okay, of course they were better and probably used the original method, not the shortcut, but that's the idea). In addition, the girl is kind enough to include samples and "clean" as images of the same post, so you can save all that counts and other plugins. Or to learn English, of course.
Enter the blog, down to the end of the post and saved on your computer the six images called Male Female 512's and 512's. Then open them in photoshop or gimp and hit up your clothing templates, change its blending options to Overlay (a value not very high, I've used between 15 and 20, depends on color). And see the result. Are obviously not the same as what you can get an expert as the girl is of Pixeldolls professional programs, but is a workaround with better results than the clothes they are doing 90% of people in SL.
As I say, miss. And if you use gimp even more, because the blog has another couple of tutorials to make a jersey and a cowboy step. Photoshop also can serve the general idea but not exactly follow the same steps.
More useful templates, in this thread on the official forums there are more templates style of speaking a little higher for give more volume to the clothes with light and shadow. The first are Aeron Kohima (if you can not enter the forum, download links are here too) is another downloads folder you can find another version, this time made by Betty Doyle (as you know the name because it has a clothing store called retro hair and Ingenue).
And finally, back to the beginning of the post image is a screenshot I uploaded to Flickr the other day. A couple of weeks ago I updated the photoshop (or rather my brother, who is paying for the license) to the new version CS4. And what bliss. Now supports 3D files, type. Obj and things like that translated means you can paint directly on the avatar of Second Life. Yet it loose enough to make a tutorial, or anything, but if you have the opportunity and do clothes or skins for Second Life, try it, seriously. I'm still hallucinating, not just use a brush to draw on top, align textures forgetting is that all the other tools (at least I've tried so far) works almost perfectly near and above the joint areas. In that other forum thread explains how to implement it, there are links to download the models with the avatars and how to use your own templates for them, if you urge.
Yo, God is my witness, I will never line up the lines and seams of clothing, or to correct a skin edges by hand. :-)
The first is a post where you explain how to make a "fake bake" in your clothes . So cold to sound dirty, right? It's actually quite simple and more innocent. Baking is to add shadows to something, clothing or textures, using a 3d program. You pick your model, you put your textures, you light up and the program will create another texture to the effect that illumination and applied (probably better explanations and more detailed, but I think more or less that's the idea, go, I am no expert). The effect, when done right, gives a difference of day and night, but the problem is that a) you need a program that can do b) you need to learn and use. If you have time, desire and know English, the girl PixelDolls (one that best applies the effect) teaches you how to do it in LightWave .
But if you have no time or desire, this method of "fake baking" is essential, because you get something like one with photoshop. It's very, very well explained and following it can get different effects of light on your Second Life templates with spectacular results: a couple of days ago got to do a tank top spitting that I like in SL, I have of Last Call (okay, of course they were better and probably used the original method, not the shortcut, but that's the idea). In addition, the girl is kind enough to include samples and "clean" as images of the same post, so you can save all that counts and other plugins. Or to learn English, of course.
Enter the blog, down to the end of the post and saved on your computer the six images called Male Female 512's and 512's. Then open them in photoshop or gimp and hit up your clothing templates, change its blending options to Overlay (a value not very high, I've used between 15 and 20, depends on color). And see the result. Are obviously not the same as what you can get an expert as the girl is of Pixeldolls professional programs, but is a workaround with better results than the clothes they are doing 90% of people in SL.
As I say, miss. And if you use gimp even more, because the blog has another couple of tutorials to make a jersey and a cowboy step. Photoshop also can serve the general idea but not exactly follow the same steps.
More useful templates, in this thread on the official forums there are more templates style of speaking a little higher for give more volume to the clothes with light and shadow. The first are Aeron Kohima (if you can not enter the forum, download links are here too) is another downloads folder you can find another version, this time made by Betty Doyle (as you know the name because it has a clothing store called retro hair and Ingenue).
And finally, back to the beginning of the post image is a screenshot I uploaded to Flickr the other day. A couple of weeks ago I updated the photoshop (or rather my brother, who is paying for the license) to the new version CS4. And what bliss. Now supports 3D files, type. Obj and things like that translated means you can paint directly on the avatar of Second Life. Yet it loose enough to make a tutorial, or anything, but if you have the opportunity and do clothes or skins for Second Life, try it, seriously. I'm still hallucinating, not just use a brush to draw on top, align textures forgetting is that all the other tools (at least I've tried so far) works almost perfectly near and above the joint areas. In that other forum thread explains how to implement it, there are links to download the models with the avatars and how to use your own templates for them, if you urge.
Yo, God is my witness, I will never line up the lines and seams of clothing, or to correct a skin edges by hand. :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment